Friday, May 16, 2014

Smoking & Cancer, Chronic Illness & Medicine

Our view of Healthcare today is so skewed that I really struggle when people can’t make the connection between food and chronic illness.  I love the analogy given by Dr. Joel Fuhrman – today’s healthcare could be compared to trying to find a cure for smoking vs telling people to quit smoking. 

When we continue to seek medication and surgeries to fix our problems then we will never know what it means to be healthy.  Our lives will be filled with pain, illness and medical bills. 

I know it was not that long ago that I did not care much about what I ate and it showed, but at the same time I was not sick (yet).  You would think sick people would be very interested in this advice but they really aren't.  I have tired many times to make small recommendations to those who are ill and they say everything I suggest is not what their Doctors tell them.  Well I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it is obvious they do not know either.

Whether you trust my advice or not, I challenge you do to this – do your own research, do not let Dr. Oz tell you every day how to live.  Discover for yourself what real food can do for you.  I challenge you to try it for 30 days and I think you will find that maybe I was right!

Change your food, change your life!


No comments:

Post a Comment